‘Baby Steps: A Guide to Maternity Leave and Maternity Pay’ by Leah Waller
Or buy the Kindle version for £7.99 and start reading immediately
Are you a new or expectant mum wondering how to navigate the realms of maternity leave and maternity pay?
This book is a brief one-stop practical guide for new and expectant mums on Maternity Leave, rights during Maternity Leave and Statutory Maternity Pay for employees with a brief explanation of Shared Parental Leave as another consideration.
You will find a Maternity Leave Timetable to guide you through the key stages of your pregnancy and Maternity Leave and information in relation to:-
• Who is entitled to Maternity Leave;
• Giving your employer notice of your pregnancy;
• Working whilst pregnant;
• Pregnancy-Related Illness;
• Ordinary and Additional Maternity Leave;
• Keeping in Touch Days and Contact with your employer during Maternity Leave;
• Dismissal and Redundancy during Maternity Leave;
• Returning to Work and Flexible Working;
• Breastfeeding when Returning to Work;
• Statutory Maternity Pay
Finally; the book concludes with some Frequently Asked Questions that have been compiled from new and expectant mums.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Leah Waller is Employment Law Specialist and Head of the Employment Law Department at Lennons Solicitors in Chesham. She has dealt with a variety of areas of law including Personal Injury, Dispute Resolution and Litigation, Debt Recovery, Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney and Possession Claims but has always had a passion for Employment Law and began her legal career training under the supervision of a former Employment Tribunal Judge.
Leah runs a seminar programme holding Employment Law seminars for both employees and employers offering practical advice and legal rights updates.